Starting in September, I will be firing up the good ole Patreon, with some definite changes!
First and foremost, there is now only a $3 Support Tier. I knew I wouldn’t be able to fulfill the expectations I had set for myself with the previous tier system, so I moved to just one.
Second, all content I create will be publicly available! “Then why do you even have a Patreon?” Great question! Well, for those who want regular updates, provide input, or receive early access to content then you should join at the $3 Support Tier.
Third, I will be making all different sorts of RPG content. I am no longer limiting myself to Dungeons and Dragons; rather, I will be creating content on a semi-regular basis themed around the climate crisis. Therefore, I have coined a new acronym – CCRPG (Climate Crisis Role Playing Games)! Content will be related to various RPG systems and games, including:
- Dungeons & Dragons (duh)
- Pokémon PC Fan Made Games (check out Pokémon Climate Redux!)
- Pokémon RPG Systems (not D&D related)
- RPGs using the Powered by the Apocalypse System
What does this content look like, you might be wondering. Well, I will be creating assets and home brewed content including:
- digital assets for creating your own fan made games
- map making, world building, general imagination creation
- playable characters, monsters, and interesting items
- more to be determined as I explore
What does the behind-the-scenes stuff look like? Another good question! Behind-the-scenes content will revolve around processes for different creative outlets such as 3D printing successes and failures, monster and map making, raw files for digital assets, and the like.
The climate crisis is overwhelming and depressing, why choose that theme? Because it’s our future and rather than sticking our head in the sand, now is the time to be brave, to be strong, and to proactively build our communities in preparation for the worst that is yet to come. Also, I’m working on a master’s in environmental studies and sustainability, emphasizing climate change so it’s important to me.
New Web Sections
You’ll see some new sections on the website and an updated Resources page!
- Climate Connections – A blog focused on breaking down climate change and systems thinking concepts into their simplest forms and connecting it back to RPG and pop culture examples.
- RPG Edu – For the past three years, I was an elementary educator. Role playing games offer such an important outlet for social interaction. The best part is that they are fairly easy to integrate with academics and social emotional learning goals! Hence, this page.
- Pokémon Climate Redux – The home for all things related to this fan made game that I am working on in my free time. Currently, you’ll mostly just find a link to its Wiki page.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to send me a message!